Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Tekin Customer Service

Because of the problems I have had with my Axial AE-1 speed control, I have begun looking for an upgrade. I began by asking my friends in Utah what they suggested. They unanimously told me to go for the Tekin FX-R. I then began looking at competition drivers and noticed that, for the most part, they used the Castle Creations Mamba. Finally, I went to my local hobby shops and they suggested the Novak Rooster. In the end, I was still unsure which ESC (electronic speed control) would be best for my crawler, but it seemed that all of them had their advantages and disadvantages and all of them would probably do the job.

Since I was still unsure which ESC to purchase, I finally decided to put the manufacturers to the ultimate test - customer relations. I sent an identical email to several different manufactures requesting specific information on their ESC's. I also asked them why they believed I should choose their product over their competitor's product. Although all manufacturers responded to my email, I must say that the Tekin customer service stood head and shoulders above the others.

Two hours after I sent my email, the vice president of Tekin, Sherri Campbell, responded to my inquiry. In her email, Sherri advised me that she felt that another person (Ty) could answer my question better than she could because he was the "crawler man." However, he was out of the office working on their new dirt track and would be unable to respond to me until the following day. She then assured me that she would make sure he got back with me upon his return. She also listed 4 links to various websites, which gave helpful information on the Tekin ESC.

Sherri did not have to respond to my email; she could have mereley forwarded it to Ty and let him get back with me when he returned. She could have also told me what she did know about the ESC and left it at that. However, she took the time to make sure I had the quickest most accurate response possible. She knew that I was only going to be purchasing one ESC, but she treated me as if I were going to be Tekin's most valuable customer.

The following day (I still had not received an email from the other manufacturers), the service manager, Ty Campbell, sent me a detailed email on why he believed the Tekin ESC is the best ESC on the market. He gave me some valuable information about the product and also listed various URL's of where I could go for more information.

Both Sherri and Ty provided me with telephone numbers in case I had any more questions. However, because they were so particular in their responses, I was left satisfied and didn't have any follow-up questions.

A couple of days after Ty's email, I received another email from Sherri. It was a follow-up email. She wanted to make sure that Ty had responded to my email and to make sure all my questions were answered. In my opinion, she went above and beyond what the vice president of a company should do. Thank you Tekin Inc. for the esceptional customer service! You have certainly gained a loyal customer.

Juice

1 comment: