Saturday, July 25, 2009

Welcome to RC Rock Crawler Reviews

While on vacation in Utah in May 2009, I was introduced to the sport of RC rock crawling. Since that time I have been determined to not only purchase my own rock crawler, but also to crawl on a competitive level.


When I returned home, I immediately went to work researching rock crawlers and their various components. During my research, to my surprise, I located very few (if any) reviews on rock crawlers and their components. In fact, the only reviews I found were those located on the product's webpage, which of course is going to be bias and only post those reviews beneficial to the sale of that product. Because the reviews were slanted, they were not entirely beneficial in my quest to find a competitive crawler at a price I could afford (let's face it, everyone wants the best product at the cheapest price; that's the nature of competitive business). I still felt "lost" as to what I should buy; I had no idea what components I should put together in order to give me what I was looking for.


Because I am a "newbie" to the sport of rock crawling, I carry neither loyalties nor biases with any manufacturer or vendor. I also do not work for any hobby shop and therefore carry no affiliations that would predispose me to favor one product over another. In fact, my full time job is as a detective with a local police department, and I am trained in reporting things in an honest, fair, objective manner. That is what I will do on this blog-report honestly, fairly and objectively. I do this for several reasons: 1) I hope to get manufacturers and vendors to send me free stuff to review (I told you that I would be honest), 2) I enjoy writing, 3) I want to allow manufacturers and vendors to put their products to the test (if their product receives a good review from me, they can rest assured that they carry a good product), and 4) to give people a single location to find honest reviews in order to assist in their purchasing decisions. With that said, let's begin the reviews (please remember that the views on this site are nothing more than my opinon):

1 comment:

  1. I like number one!! I say lets get some parts, cars, radios, etc to review!!!

    ReplyDelete